The First Days of the Rest of My Life
Okay, I have to start off with the necessary commentary on television. I demand a recount on the votes for American Idol's result show last night. Chris should not have gone home. I kept calling in for the whole 2 hours and only got through maybe 6 times. I've read similar stories online. I don't really dislike any of the finalists left, but I wanted Chris to win. Each year I've picked someone out in the auditions who I like...and in the case of Fantasia and Carrie I was right...with Kelly I didn't see the show until it was down to 5...and with Clay and Chris I was wrong. I thought I was starting to get on a roll, but oh well. Here's hoping that Chris turns down Fuel's offer and makes it big on his own with his own music. Let's all have a moment of silence to mourn the tragedy that American Idol has become.
So I started this blog with the intention of updating it frequently. Unfortunately, something called college got in the way. Now though, with summer here and with my adulthood upon me at last, I have a little more free time. Of course, I'm the only one who reads this so I'm just going to record stuff here that I want to remember.
I'm still waiting to hear back from the magazine in Charlotte to see if they will take me on as an intern this summer. Should know by the end of the week either way. I was supposed to know today, but the editor was away from her desk and I had to leave a voice message. Blockbuster, Medicap, baby-sitting and pet-sitting should provide entertainment for the meantime.
I remembered how much I love reading. I read some great books at Carolina, but there's something about picking the book that you want to read and actually having time to read it. I'm reading The Nanny Diaries right now and it is hilarious. Thank goodness I haven't encountered a family like the X's.
Also, with my free rentals each week at Blockbuster I get to see 5 movies. This week the rentals were: One Last Thing..., Munich, Duma, Bambi II for Mom, and Dreamer for my sister which I have already seen. One Last Thing... was really cute and it's definitely worth watching. I haven't had a chance to watch the others yet but I think I'm gonna start doing a ranking each week of the ones I see. Then maybe a top 10 list at the end of the summer. So if there are any readers out there, you can have some suggestions for movie rentals.
That's all for now. Oh and I don't need glasses--yay! Well technically I do, I have myopia and astigmatism but since the classroom days are over at least for now, the optometrist says glasses can hold off. My checkbook is grateful. I got one of those ocular maps done instead of the dilating drops and it was awesome. I saw all the blood vessels in my eye. Pretty cool. Okay I am tired. Good night.
So I started this blog with the intention of updating it frequently. Unfortunately, something called college got in the way. Now though, with summer here and with my adulthood upon me at last, I have a little more free time. Of course, I'm the only one who reads this so I'm just going to record stuff here that I want to remember.
I'm still waiting to hear back from the magazine in Charlotte to see if they will take me on as an intern this summer. Should know by the end of the week either way. I was supposed to know today, but the editor was away from her desk and I had to leave a voice message. Blockbuster, Medicap, baby-sitting and pet-sitting should provide entertainment for the meantime.
I remembered how much I love reading. I read some great books at Carolina, but there's something about picking the book that you want to read and actually having time to read it. I'm reading The Nanny Diaries right now and it is hilarious. Thank goodness I haven't encountered a family like the X's.
Also, with my free rentals each week at Blockbuster I get to see 5 movies. This week the rentals were: One Last Thing..., Munich, Duma, Bambi II for Mom, and Dreamer for my sister which I have already seen. One Last Thing... was really cute and it's definitely worth watching. I haven't had a chance to watch the others yet but I think I'm gonna start doing a ranking each week of the ones I see. Then maybe a top 10 list at the end of the summer. So if there are any readers out there, you can have some suggestions for movie rentals.
That's all for now. Oh and I don't need glasses--yay! Well technically I do, I have myopia and astigmatism but since the classroom days are over at least for now, the optometrist says glasses can hold off. My checkbook is grateful. I got one of those ocular maps done instead of the dilating drops and it was awesome. I saw all the blood vessels in my eye. Pretty cool. Okay I am tired. Good night.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home