And the Oscar goes to...
Amanda's Picks for Academy Awards 2007:
Just going for the main categories here...
Best Picture: Little Miss Sunshine
Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role: Forest Whitaker for The Last King of Scotland
Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role: Helen Mirren for The Queen
Supporting Actor: Eddie Murphy for Dreamgirls
Supporting Actress: Jennifer Hudson for Dreamgirls
Director: Martin Scorsese for The Departed
Original Screenplay:
What I want: Little Miss Sunshine
What will probably win: Babel
Adapted Screenplay:
Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan
Hey...It could happen
Cinematography:
I think Illusionist, because it was so visually stunning, but I've heard Children of Men has a unique atmosphere to it. Pan's Labyrinth maybe too. Who knows.
Original Song: Listen from Dreamgirls. I mean did you hear Beyonce sing it on the Grammy's? Of course, I'm a sucker for the James Taylor tune as well.
Animated Film of the Year: All good this year, but Cars because of its appeal to all ages
Foreign Film:
What I want to win: Water
but I still haven't seen Pan's Labyrinth which will probably win from what I've heard
Documentary: An Inconvenient Truth--Mr. Used to be the next President of the United States, please take this award as a sign to run for '08. If only to save us from the Hillary.
Just going for the main categories here...
Best Picture: Little Miss Sunshine
Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role: Forest Whitaker for The Last King of Scotland
Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role: Helen Mirren for The Queen
Supporting Actor: Eddie Murphy for Dreamgirls
Supporting Actress: Jennifer Hudson for Dreamgirls
Director: Martin Scorsese for The Departed
Original Screenplay:
What I want: Little Miss Sunshine
What will probably win: Babel
Adapted Screenplay:
Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan
Hey...It could happen
Cinematography:
I think Illusionist, because it was so visually stunning, but I've heard Children of Men has a unique atmosphere to it. Pan's Labyrinth maybe too. Who knows.
Original Song: Listen from Dreamgirls. I mean did you hear Beyonce sing it on the Grammy's? Of course, I'm a sucker for the James Taylor tune as well.
Animated Film of the Year: All good this year, but Cars because of its appeal to all ages
Foreign Film:
What I want to win: Water
but I still haven't seen Pan's Labyrinth which will probably win from what I've heard
Documentary: An Inconvenient Truth--Mr. Used to be the next President of the United States, please take this award as a sign to run for '08. If only to save us from the Hillary.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home