Movie Ratings, Second Chance
So lately I have been watching more TV than movies. I get distracted every time I try to watch a movie and end up only half-watching it before it makes me mad and I am forced to turn it off. Well, I finally made it through a movie--The Illusionist. The cinematography was gorgeous, Edward Norton was surprisingly likeable (Primal Fear anyone?), and Jessica Biel proved herself to be a legitimate actor. Major kudos to her (and to Barry Watson who I love on What about Brian) for leaving 7th Heaven before it went down the sappy drain.
As for TV shows, I just started watching the first and second season of The Office and it is hilarious. I'd seen Rainn Wilson on Six Feet Under, but he is even more in his element opposite Steve Carell. Just a shame he was in My Super Ex-Girlfriend, which by the way was one of the worst movies 0f 2006. You can quote me on that. Oh, and Pam and Jim...strong contenders for being the next Ross and Rachel.
Speaking of Friends, how about How I Met Your Mother? If you haven't watched this show--you need to. It proves, along with The Office, that the 30-min sitcom is most certainly alive and kicking. Robin Sparkles? Barney's head on the body of Patrick Swayze in that fabulous Dirty Dancing scene (actually 2 scenes) as he tries to convince the gang that that was how his first time happened? Suit up? Have you met Ted? Legendary! Enough said. CBS Mon. night at 8. TiVo it if you watch Prison Break. You will not regret it.
Ummm, and what is up with American Idol this year? I think Simon is actually nice now and Randy Jackson has become very cruel. I think I would get fed up as well if I were in their position, but come on--you can't really help how you look. Let's stick to criticizing the singing. I do like the brother and sister from Seattle though.
So without further adieu, the return of my movie ratings:
Now Playing in Theaters:
The Queen
***
Possible Academy Award to Helen Mirren for Best Actress
New Releases:

The Guardian
** 1/2
The Illusionist
***
Possible Academy Award for Best Cinematography
The Night Listener
**
As for TV shows, I just started watching the first and second season of The Office and it is hilarious. I'd seen Rainn Wilson on Six Feet Under, but he is even more in his element opposite Steve Carell. Just a shame he was in My Super Ex-Girlfriend, which by the way was one of the worst movies 0f 2006. You can quote me on that. Oh, and Pam and Jim...strong contenders for being the next Ross and Rachel.
Speaking of Friends, how about How I Met Your Mother? If you haven't watched this show--you need to. It proves, along with The Office, that the 30-min sitcom is most certainly alive and kicking. Robin Sparkles? Barney's head on the body of Patrick Swayze in that fabulous Dirty Dancing scene (actually 2 scenes) as he tries to convince the gang that that was how his first time happened? Suit up? Have you met Ted? Legendary! Enough said. CBS Mon. night at 8. TiVo it if you watch Prison Break. You will not regret it.
Ummm, and what is up with American Idol this year? I think Simon is actually nice now and Randy Jackson has become very cruel. I think I would get fed up as well if I were in their position, but come on--you can't really help how you look. Let's stick to criticizing the singing. I do like the brother and sister from Seattle though.
So without further adieu, the return of my movie ratings:
Now Playing in Theaters:
The Queen***
Possible Academy Award to Helen Mirren for Best Actress
New Releases:

The Guardian
** 1/2
The Illusionist***
Possible Academy Award for Best Cinematography
The Night Listener**
** 1/2
Open Season** 1/2
Unknown (Available to rent 1/30)
*** 1/2
SherryBaby
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home